Sunday, January 1, 2012

Star Trek/ Legion of Superheroes #2 pencil highlights

Here are a bunch of pages from the second issue, that I found fun to draw.
It's been a while since I had to draw a sky line.
Really fun double page spread featuring the amalgam universe.
Hero shots are always fun and the city shot in the first two panels lent itself a cinematic quality.
More fun group shots.
Got to flesh out the shipyard out a bit more for the scene.  Typically I would want to draw a layout before starting the page but you don't really know how extensive it will be until you see the script.
I think this is a nice balanced page with the escape and the cool down getting back to the story.
Starting to get the hang of drawing an "older" Legion.
And there you have it.  They finally meet!  What will happen?  Oh noes.

2 comments:

LUD! said...

Jeff,
I'm loving the series! It's great to see you doing the Legion again!

Have you tried any of the new Legion designs yet?

Lud Hughes

artboymoy said...

thanks! Nope, I haven't done any of the new designs except for what I did in Adventure #526.